- Acquire mathematical skills, concepts, and knowledge so they can deal confidently and competently with daily life now and in the future
- Develop knowledge and skills in using Mathematics for employment, further study, and interest
- Be able to interpret and communicate quantitative and logical ideas accurately
- Use technology appropriately and effectively to support the learning of Mathematics, and in carrying out mathematical activities in context
- Recognise connections between the areas of Mathematics and other disciplines and appreciate Mathematics as an accessible and enjoyable discipline to study.
Camp Hill PS has a strong emphasis on developing students in the four proficiencies of Understanding, Problem Solving, Fluency, Reasoning and Growth Mindset.
Timetabling ensures a daily two hour Numeracy program providing focused teaching to promote students’ ability to use a range of efficient strategies to demonstrate their thinking and the ability to make the link between numbers and real life events and experiences.
In Foundation – Year 2 classes, the literacy block will be timetabled for the first two hours of each school day. In Years 3-6 classes, the literacy block will be timetabled 11.25 -1.25 pm of each school day.