School History

Camp Hill Primary School is located in Bendigo, a major regional centre in Victoria. The school is one of Bendigo’s oldest and has operated continuously on the site since 22nd January 1878.  The first enrollment figure for the school was 1290 students. The building and entire school site is listed with Heritage Victoria. Included in their statement of significance is the following: “The Camp Hill Central School is of historical significance as an important landmark in the City of Bendigo. Due to its size, siting and central position, it became regarded as the most important school in the city. The incorporation of the city’s fire tower, and its use as both lookout and warning bell, are important.”

Our majestic building depicted in the late 1800s.

Our majestic building depicted in the late 1800s.